Another year when Easter won’t look quite like its usual self. However, you can organise egg hunts in your gardens or explore bird's nests in the wild (without touching them, of course). And on your return from such adventures, you can enjoy an excellent Easter meal concocted by a chef.
Restaurants in Beaune and the villages of Pays Beaunois are going out of their way to offer take-away meals to make this Easter weekend a memorable family affair.
In Beaune, restaurants are offering their Easter take-away menus
What do the chefs of Beaune have in store for us this Easter?
Choose between fish and meat at the Cheval Noir
The restaurant Le Cheval Noir
published its Easter menu on social media early, so don't delay in ordering on 03 80 22 07 37. Their menu is €36/person:
- Puff pastry aperitif
- Salmon tartare marinated in asparagus, panna cotta Fallot mustard with tarragon
- Blue ling loin, red rice, oyster mushrooms and soya beans, lemon sauce, ginger
- Candied leg of lamb, gratinated polenta, baby vegetables, wild garlic juice
- Assortment of 3 cheeses from the Hess cheese factory
- Milk chocolate and passion fruit entremet
How about lazing around in bed and enjoying brunch?
The Ferme aux Vins
has thought of your holiday lie-ins. Rather than staying at the table as is traditional for 3 hours, the chef offers brunch. Then you’ll be ready to attack the Voie des Vignes at 2.00pm. Easter brunch offered from 3 to 5 April 2021, to take away. €35/person:
Healthy bowl, carrot cake, pancakes and maple syrup, mini-brioches and other pastries, lamb crumble in a hot dish... Now that’s an original meal to celebrate Easter at home.
In the villages around Beaune too, the chefs are thinking about Easter
Lamb and morels for the Ermitage de Corton
Vincent Chirat from the Ermitage de Corton
offers a special menu for €47 per person, which you can pick up from 2 to 4 April 2021:
- Starter: Beef candy and foie gras, crunchy sesame turnip
- Main: Organic lamb confit with morels, roast fillet with wild garlic, Chartreuse asparagus
- Dessert: Gianduja light cream with almond milk, crunchy mendiant
Dishes can be picked up on the following days and times: Friday 2 April in the evening from 5.00pm to 6.45pm, Saturday 3 April from 10.00am to 12.30pm, or evening from 4.00pm to 6.45pm, Sunday and Monday morning from 10.00am to 12.00pm.
Fish and suckling lamb for the Hostellerie de Levernois
Philippe Augé, chef at the Table de Levernois
, has shown real poetic creativity for his Easter menu - a poem of flavours to discover on your plate.
- Gamberoni and Early Vegetables cooked in olive oil, Grilled Tomatoes, Crustacean Juice with Ham Gravy
- Line-caught Sea Bass Loin with Citrus Caviar, Green Shell Lasagna and Sea Lettuce, Seaweed Butter Stock and Green Cardamom
- Suckling Lamb by 'Michel Lemoine' in Epicurean Morels, Grated Asparagus and Socca with Wild Garlic, Navarin Juice
- Coconut Egg and Red Fruits, Ivoire Chocolate
Menu for €85/person, to be picked up at Bistrot du Bord de l'Eau (street side) from 11.00am to 2.00pm from 3 to 5 April 2021.
A gourmet programme for Easter weekend at the Ed'Em restaurant
In Chassagne-Montrachet, Emilie Rey and Edouard Mignot, from the restaurant L'Ed'Em
, offer savoury and sweet flavours to treat you and your family over Easter weekend.
First of all, a take-away menu at €45/person is available to order:
- Aperitif items
- White and green asparagus puff pastry, poached egg, pea sauce
- Mixture of suckling lamb, new potatoes, roasted carrots with garlic
- Chocolate tart, light chocolate cream, crumble
Ed'Em also offers a weekend dish: Champvallon (braised lamb shoulder with potato), at €12/person.
The pop-up pastry shop, located in the heart of the restaurant, offers a special Easter dessert:
Saint Honoré with passion fruit and mango. Available for
- 6 people (€25)
- 8 people (€32)
For Easter chocolate items, pastries, brioches, flans and tarts, you can go to the pop-up pastry shop on Sunday 28 March. A word of advice: order in advance.
To book your menu and/or weekend meal, you have until the Thursday before Easter, 6.00pm:
• by text message to 06-80-85-60-51
Feel free to book your Easter items as well. You’ll find attached the Easter chocolate menu as well as the Easter weekend programme.
Why not try Maison Huez veal fillet for Easter?
In Meursault, Maison Huez
has organised a pan-fried veal fillet, just as a change from lamb. Menu at €35/person to order until Sunday 28 March.
- Aparagus and lobster chartreuse
- Pan-fried veal fillet with a skewer of grilled sweetbreads. Potato risotto in a pine casserole
- Strawberry and lemon on pistachio biscuit
Order on 03 80 26 55 39
Menu of Easter chocolates from the restaurant L'Ed'Em :
In Santenay, Le Terroir offers lamb or salmon for its Easter menu
The restaurant in Santenay, Le Terroir
, offers a daily drive-thru. So they’ll also be there for the Easter weekend. The menu can be picked up from 3 to 5 April at the drive-thru. Gourmets and food lovers are sure to be delighted.
Menu for €35 for starter + fish or meat + dessert
Menu for €45 for starter + fish + meat + dessert
- Fresh asparagus puff pastry crust, seared prawns, raw ham, parmesan, crustacean stock sauce
- Lamb charlotte fondant with red wine, eggplant, herb beans, potato pancake
- AND/OR Red label salmon fillet, risotto with ceps and candied tomatoes, velouté of peas
- White chocolate mousse, lemon zest, dark chocolate flakes, strawberry salad
For bookings before 1 April:
- By phone on 0380206347
- By SMS on 0629534689
- By email